“How I spent my Easter holiday.”BlessingShares
For some beautiful reasons, I was able to rest this Easter holiday, and I’m beyond grateful to God for that. The amazing thing was that I almost missed the Easter schedule *haha*
You see, at the beginning of the week, I had already planned out my clients’ engagement way into Saturday, the 3rd of April. But God Who is rich in mercy – He helped me to register that starting Friday the 2nd of April, the whole weekend was already booked for the LORD.
Now, how did He help me do this? Well in the following ways below:
1. Through the first Bible verse that He gave me on the Thursday evening before Good Friday, which says, ‘And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.’ (Mark 14:26 KJV)
2. Through a conversation I was having on Friday morning where my friend pointed out, ‘It is Good Friday, are you working today?’
3. From a burden of rest that I felt on Friday morning that I couldn’t explain. That morning, I just did not feel like opening my laptop, nothing.
Long story short, after all these happened one after the other, I finally became conscious that it was Easter weekend, I literally started cancelling all my clients’ engagements by apologising for not registering and factoring into my schedule the Easter weekend at the beginning of the week. The LORD have mercy upon me 🙂
At this point, after doing the schedule adjustments, this was when the Easter rest-based weekend began for me.
So, how did I rest during the Easter weekend? I’ll tell you in the list below:
1. I had a prayer schedule and by God’s grace, I prayed during the 3-day Easter weekend.
2. I had a Message (Tape) listening schedule that I used to listen to Messages on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
3. Then I also had Bible verses and their related songs that the LORD placed in my heart (each song and the related verse, I shared on my WhatsApp stories by God’s grace).
Now, number 3 right there is what I really want to share; the Bible verses and the songs the LORD gave blessed me, and I would love to have them for a memorial.
On Thursday, the song was ‘Hymn Medley (feat. Chandler Moore) – Maverick City | TRIBL’ and the Bible verse was Mark 14 verse 26 that I cited above.
On Good Friday, the song was ‘The Blood (feat. Chandler Moore, Nicole Binion & Ryan Ofei) – Maverick City | TRIBL’ and the Bible verse was Isaiah 53 verse 3, “He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.”
On Saturday, the song was ‘Graves Into Gardens (Lyrics) – Elevation Worship ft. Brandon Lake’ and the Bible verse as Isaiah 61 verse 7, “For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them.”
And on Easter Sunday, the song was ‘In Christ Alone – Travis Cottrel’, with the Bible verse as Colossians 3 verse 3, “For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.”
There it is. The Bible meditation, the Prayers, the Messages, that is what brought the Rest. Also, I got to sleep a while, of course 🙂 as I took time off the job. And I got to speak with loved ones – that was restful too, and I’m grateful for it.
Well, it was a beautiful Easter season and I’m thankful to God for It. THANK YOU JESUS CHRIST for Your Perfect Sacrifice on the Cross of Calvary.
For context sake: Written on the 5th of April, 2021